Πέμπτη 9 Απριλίου 2009

INXS - Never Tear Us Apart


INXS - Never Tear Us Apart
Dont ask me
What you know is true
Dont have to tell you
I love your precious heart
I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
Id make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
cause we all have wings
But some of us dont know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart
***************************************
Never Tear Us Apart by INXS
Album: Kick Released: 1988

INXS lead singer Michael Hutchence wrote the lyrics, which describe an instant connection between 2 people who form a bond that will last forever.

Michael Hutchence died in 1997. At his funeral service, his coffin was carried out of St. Andrews Cathedral by the remaining members of INXS and younger brother Rhett, as this song played in the background.

Andrew Farriss: "We were in New Zealand and the rest of the band were out playing tennis with an A&R guy called Jimmy Hendrix (!) when I first wrote the music for Never Tear Us Apart." (courtesy: michaelhutchence.org)

In 2006 the song was voted "Nation's Favorite Lyric" by viewers of pay TV music channel VH1 in Australia.

This was going to be used in the 2001 movie Donnie Darko, but due to budget constraints, producers used "The Killing Moon" by Echo And The Bunnymen instead.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=8578

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου